The best investment you will ever make is having a professional bike fit. At RIDE Cyclery, we believe that optimizing a rider’s position on the bike is a harmony of balance, power, comfort, and biomechanical efficiency. Our goal is to create a comfortable, powerful, and sustainable position for every rider. This in turn improves speed and efficiency.
A proper bike fit is one of the most important factors for optimal performance and efficiency, injury prevention, and comfort on the bike. It provides the rider with the most economic means of expanding energy, and it helps iron out any pains that are common when a body is trying to adapt to a bike that isn’t fitted correctly.
A full bike fit session will take 2.5 – 3 hours and will cover the following:
- Pre-fit assessment – firstly we want to understand about your cycling background, cycling style, and how much you ride in a typical week. On top of this information we get to understand your history of injury and pains.
- Physiological assessments – We will work through a range of physiological assessments, looking at body structure from head to toe, flexibility, and any leg length discrepancies. All this information will have a bearing on your comfort on the bike.
- Cleat fitting – During this step making sure that your cleats are in the correct and most efficient position is our focus. Incorrect cleat placement accounts for a lot of knee issues.
- 3D Analysis – The use of the 3D Retul video capture comes into place, allowing us to accurately assess your position whilst you are riding.
- Measurement and report – After the fit all measurements will be taken and a full comprehensive report will be provided.
- Follow up - Everyone who has a full Retul fit at RIDE Cyclery will have an option for a free follow up appointment
*Until further notice we will only be completing bike fits at our Encinitas store
View our other bike fitting services and prices below:
Full Retul 3D Fit (2.5 to 3 hrs) - $350.00
Zin Sizing measurement set-up (30mins) - $80.00
Cleat placement setup only (30mins) - $80.00
Retul Body Geometry Bike Fit
|Zin Sizing Measurement Setup ($80.00)||
Cleat placement setup($80.00)
|Cleat placement and shoe setup
|Saddle height and saddle selection||✔||✔||-||-|
|Saddle fore-aft placement||✔||✔||-||-|
|2D Video Image||✔||-||-||-|
|3D Retul Video Analysis||✔||-||-||-|
|Full detailed Report||✔||-||-||-|
|Bike Measurements (using Retul Zin)||✔||-||✔||-|
|Bike set-up (using Retul Zin measuring tools)||✔||-||✔||-|
|Bike Measurements (not using Retul Zin measuring tools)||-||✔||-||-|
|Follow Up appointment option||✔||-||-||-|